THE MOMENTS OF LOVE...(1ST POST)



I was dumbfounded,she was as beautiful as ever..even more..
the years had not changed her at all.

My heart skipped a beat, it has not happened to me in a long time, but  also true was the fact that I haven’t met her in years.

Couldn’t  think anything,couldn’t move or greet her or give any type of response...meeting her here like this was so unexpected...so surprising...so overwhelming . my heart beat was high and my senses were numb,the goosebumps which were erupting all over my body could not justify the hurricane of emotions raging inside me.

I just stood there sheepishly and stared at her brown eyes...
Her eyes,her eyes...how grateful I was  just to see her..the world ceased to make any sense to me at that moment.

“ So how are you?”,she asked formally.
“what have you been upto?”

Say something you fool my mind told me, but all I could do was nod like a jerk, and intense my gaze...she must have felt awkward because she suddenly became interested in the food corner in the mall.

“You haven’t been following me,have you? ”she asked after a pause,  uncomfortably. Still looking  at the food court as if searching for someone .

I just shook my head vigorously in response, some part of my brain felt bad, some part felt anger and rage...but maybe those parts were not in control of me, my heart was in full charge of my personality at that moment at it could feel only one thing ´UNCONDITIONAL  LOVE´ for the 26 year old women in front of me.

 I had every reason to hate her...but somehow could not...
Her stylish green sari, the cute bindi on her forehead, her open hair...her eyes...gosh man her eyes were mesmerizing...


The memory of that day was again resurfacing, how can I forget that day 10 years back, I knew it was gonna haunt me for the rest of my days. No matter what I did...the past just wont let go of me...
I was born in the poorest of locality and had only a grandmother for family....not to mention the poverty and my
Economic  condition....somehow it never bothered me...I was a very happy and enthusiastic child, money was never on my mind. I saw her  for the first time when I was 12 year old...she was a new admission in my primary school. My life wasn’t the same after that, over the years we became best of friends. I didn’t mind doing her homework or carrying her bag or listening to her childish rubbish.  I truly loved her. There was no changing that.


I could not continue my education due to my economic conditions and had to quit my studies after 10th, I never felt bad about it, it was the last day of school and I had decided to propose to her. I had it all planned  the flowers, the greeting card, even my shirt was ironed. 

 Well maybe I was simple and didn’t understood the world.
She plainly rejected me, so vicious was her reaction that how could I even think of proposing her, she told me not to bother her again and to get lost from her life, I couldn’t utter a word though I asked her the reason of my rejection.

        Have you seen your status ,she  replied simply, you cant even afford my day´s expense with whole  month of your pocket money ,she told me I was a pevert and just because she was nice and polite to me and befriended me I have developed ill intentions towards her...she said that I had crossed a line and what else could have been expected from a person of my class and background.


That  16  year old girl and boy looked at each other, the  brown eyes so beautiful yet so cruel locked onto the set of black eyes which were on the verge of tears and had turned red.


 She glared at me for a final time like I was a piece of shit.

DON´T  YOU DARE TO BOTHER ME AGAIN...

was her final words as she stormed  away from me, breaking 4 years of beautiful friendship  as well as my heart ,leaving me in my own misery.
    
   
10 years had passed since that day...


Whatever I did, the one thing that I didn’t did was to follow her  or to bother her . I never tried to make contact with her until today when we bumped into each other while roaming in a mall...she recognized me and so did I.
I guess it was awkard for both of us.

´Its   good that you haven’t been following me.´
Her words pulled me from the past and brought me back to the present. I was just standing in front of her and looking in her eyes politely, all the voices in the mall were muffled to me like a distant echo. Only her voice was clear to me.
“You seem to be doing good .”she said ,noticing maybe my clothes.
“Sorry, I was so harsh on you when we  were young.”she said little uncomfortably.
           “But we have to be practical sometimes, haven’t we ?”
             I smiled, she hasn’t changed at all in all these years.

“I am married by the way”. she told me showing a ring on her finger. Thats when I noticed a mangal sutra on her neck. Some part of my heart twitched.
“My husband  is a manager in a very big company” she told me proudly.

She haven’t changed a bit I thought , jabbering and chatting when all the information is  not required and unasked for.

“ He earns 1.5 lakhs per month”, she boasted,her eyes glinting ...they were beautiful...

“You know no offence,but I did what I had to do for myself. You and me were never meant to be...hope you understand..na” she smiled sheepishly.  “You could have never  provided me with such kind of financial stability(and luxuries)...such as my husband”

´She still is an evil bitch and neither is she sorry for hurting you´ was the response of my mind.
     Her eyelashes are a little longer than before, was the only thing            that my heart registered.....
  
I nodded at her response, I haven’t even spoken a single word yet, I just realized.

´Hey honey..´a voice came from the food court. A man came towards us maybe he was her husband. ´Hey honey...I was saying that....He stopped midsentence on noticing me, he was mildly surprised.
    ´Boss...you here...I mean, how are you...its such a surprise to meet you here I was just shopping with my wife....sorry I forget to introduce you...´
´Honey...he´s my boss, he is the whole backbone of my company, he started it himself with scratch and now our turnover is above 200 million annually....he is the greatest guy I have ever known.
“Dont you have any family”,she asked the colour from her face draining.
“No..dear”,her husband replied. “its kind of personel, you know , boss loved a girl once, she rejected him, but boss truly loved her so never did he got married....”


The girl stood open mouthed  staring at the 26 year old man before her, all her attitude in vain...
While the successful young entrepreneur  just stood there humbly and modestly.
His black eyes which have undergone much pain and misery locked onto the brown eyes which were so full of shock and guilt...
“HER EYES ARE SO BEAUTIFUL....”
 was the only thing he could think of....       

   
  


Comments

  1. It's not easy to fit that emotional turmoil into words.. U did a good job with it. Keep writing :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment