Love Letter



My dearest @%^&#,
Love…

Do you know that the Gravitational Force of attraction between any two bodies is inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them?

How weird is it that the force of attraction between any two bodies (having mass) in the universe is dependent on the distance between them. The force of attraction diminishes as the distance between them is increased.

Interestingly enough, the electrostatic force of attraction/repulsion between any two charged particles is also inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them.
The magnetic force of attraction and repulsion (between opposite and similar poles) also depends on the distance and reduces with an increase in it.
Also the nuclear forces within an atom also operates within a particular distance from the nucleus.

In short, all the forces of nature may it be attractive, repulsive or destructive diminishes with distance.

DISTANCE….

It kills the force…. Every kind of it….at least that’s what the nature and science agrees upon… till now.

I was wondering…

Is it also applicable to the attraction between two humans….?
It may seem ridiculous but as I was researching on the matter, I found it quite true.
The emotional force of attraction which brings two humans closer to each other emotionally and physically diminishes…loses…fades or dies if we increase the distance between them.

I researched through the books of history, philosophy, mythology and even folklore from different parts of the world, right from the BC’s to AD’s.
I found that the emotional force of attraction… the connection… the bond just weakens with the distance.

Well as the kids these days says: Long Distance never works…!
Well guess they are right after all and I almost came to the conclusion of my ridiculous research that the force of emotional attraction behaves similar to other forces present in the nature.

Well how wrong I was…!
Guess I was looking at it the wrong way...

The breakup stories of cheesy couples and cheating confessions of unsatisfied wives (& husbands) living away from each other… formed the only testaments to support the argument that LOVE (or force of attraction) fades with distance.

You know we believe what we want to believe…majority of the time…
The facts and reality just crumble in our self-righteous beliefs.

While researching I came across the story of a little girl who missed her father who was in army stationed far away.
I paused to think about my family which still loved me despite me living miles away…
I also paused to remember my dead mother whose memories still haunted me…

Well I am not certain what role does the ‘Distance’ plays scientifically in case of death of a loved one…
I mean how to calculate the distance between two people when one of them is dead… is it zero or is it infinite… it’s confusing and debatable.

Again I read numerous articles, stories, movies and documentaries where Emotional Bond remained intact between two people despite the distance… interestingly in several cases it grew stronger…!!

Then there was this other concept which proved the argument incorrect. If the distance is decreased then the attraction should increase but that didn’t quite work in case of love or friendship or even general bonding… (At least not for everyone). The law was not absolute as in the case of gravitational or electromagnetic force.

The Problem still prevailed… I couldn’t conceptualize what does the Attraction force between people depended upon if not distance…?

Maybe… and it’s just my hypothesis… I think that the attraction between two individuals depends upon them… they can chose, how much to be attracted by the other person or even to let go of the attraction which once may have existed between them.

Scientifically speaking this makes this force unique from other forces which exists in nature.
In case of gravitation or electrostatic force the charged particle or the body doesn’t have any choice or say in the magnitude of force they exert on each other…. Also it is generally experienced by both the bodies in test.
Not in the case of humans…here one may feel tremendous connection or attraction for other while the other may feel nothing…!!!

Concluding my research all I can say with certainty is that the laws of physics doesn’t apply on Emotional forces operating between people….And that I am an idiot who wasted so much FUCKING time on this shit…

What was I thinking trying to quantify feelings in scientific terms…!!!

Sweetheart… I just want to say that although I am away from you and we are apart from each other and aren’t exactly on the speaking terms….
I am still very much attracted to you…I miss you...

“I AM HOPELESSLY AND HELPLESSLY IN LOVE WITH YOU…TRULY… MADLY…DEEPLY…!! ”
I love you.

Yours Truly,
  α β γ δ

Comments