THE MOMENTS OF LOVE...(3RD POST)





 I looked at the money in my hands…
Just to make sure, I counted the five hundred and thousand rupees notes again; forty thousand…the amount in my hand totaled, my chest huffed up a little even though my middle-classed brain showed tiniest of doubts. I came out of the bank after putting the cash securely in my inner pocket. I still couldn’t believe it, today was the day, I´m finally going to do it. 
I kicked my splender to life and straightaway headed towards the jeweler´s shop.

Well breaking my fixed deposit wasn’t the wisest of my decisions, but life always wasn’t about the money…was it…
   GIRLS…or rather I would say that particular `girl`
Well cant live with them, cant live without them….

Now what can I say my story is rather typical and boring one, type of which you have already read, heard or seen thousands  of times…
But anyways…for me my love story is the awesomest…!!!

They say she is a BITCH…and by ‘they’ I respectfully refer to some of my best and dearest colleagues…I dunno why? Cause she is the sweetest angel from the heaven…
ok that was a bit hype..but  
she is quite pretty…and an awesome girlfriend…and I am not a type of a person who falls for rumors and gossips which people always do make no matter how much saintly or godly you are…
My bike zoomed across the dusty roads, the excitement in my heart increasing which was directly proportional to my bike’s speed…

LOVE …its weird man… definitely weird…

It surely makes us do the unthinkable, few months before I would have broken my head but never would have touched my FD. Now I broke it without giving it the second thought, I had to, I haven’t told anybody yet not even Maa…I wanted it to be a surprise.
   
I reached the jewelers shop paid for the ring I had chosen for her and came out excited, goose bumps erupting all over my body and my mind numb with various thoughts…
Well 4 months of relationship was very soon to jump into proposing but I was so much in love with her that I had to do it, I just believed that she was the one.

Today was my birthday and we were going for a movie I had planned to propose her after the movie , she didn’t knew that it was my birthday, I had hid it too well , the plan was simple , I will take her to the movie she was eagerly waiting for past month (a romantic chick flick..!!!) , after movie when her mood will be light and good I will walk her to her neighborhood then just before midnight I will tell her its my birthday, take her on a guilt trip for not remembering it, then as a birthday present I will ask her for her hand and propose her . Simple and sweet huh…

I reached my home , it was afternoon time , few hours before the big date , I messaged her :
“ sweetu I will come to pick you up at 8.30 pm… remember… our little movie date today. Ok bye love you..
Ps:  pink looks awesome on you”


I smiled at my cheesy message as I hit the send button. I cant help myself to request her to wear pink.
I entered the kitchen humming softly. My mom was making rotis. I took a glass of water from the water pot and drank.
“wow someone is in good mood today” mom asked.
Was the excitement so damn clear on my face .

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY BETA” maa wished me.
  I smiled sheepishly and hugged my mom.
  She seemed suspicious.
I floated out of the kitchen singing the song 

“Mere sapno ki rani kab ayegi tu…”

I came in hall and switched on the TV to kill the time.
My life has changed drastically over the last few months , first I was promoted in my office after a long time…my hard work was finally paying off…I desperately wanted that promotion. Few months before, financial stability was everything for me…I was a labor working day in and day out in my office, where I was never appreciated, I hardly had any friends, never had any girlfriend. You can say I was the classical geek, nerd or loser without any life, friends, parties, celebration, girlfriend…
My life pretty much sucked and there were many reasons behind it…majorly was my FATHER…
My dad was the meanest asshole on this earth…when I was 14 years old he left me and my mom…alone for another woman.

From that day I became an introvert geek, and turned into a bitter person. 
Life wasn’t easy for a single mother and her kid. Maa.. was everything to me from then, she raised me with difficulties, despite being a horrible student I somehow got a job…

My life was depressed, dull, boring…and what not I was turned into an angry, frustrated, depressed and bitter person until I saw her…

She was the new recruit in my company. How can I describe her she is my lucky charm…the day she joined I got promotion.

I was hooked the moment I set my eyes on her, her beauty and innocence was unmatched and unparallel…

At first it was impossible for me to approach to her or to talk to her or even look at her directly.
Then one day as I came early in office; only she was there. As she was new she was having some problem with the work, I helped her and it triggered a conversation between us. Over the next few days we exchanged our numbers and then began the chain of texting , chatting and calling. Our friendship evolved gradually.
Then rest was history. We become professional friends, then friends, best friends and then couples.

Though it lead to many  bastards jealous in our office , even some whom I considered  my friends told me many stories about her of being a slut and bitch and using boys etc.
It never bothered me, cause I was maybe stupidly in love with her.

She changed me, I finally had a life with her, I started going to movies, celebrating birthdays and new years,   my frustration was dissolving and my bitterness was replaced by sweetness. Whenever I was with her I was happy, she made me forget everything.
And so, I decided to spent whole of my life with her.

Maa…came and served me lunch. I watched her closely. Her hands were thin and face was a bit wrinkled . Old age was evident on her face.
Will she accept her, will they like each other, will she be able to take good care of her. Many questions buzzed my mind.
Seriously life will be bitch if the two women you love will end up disapproving each other.
I consoled myself, one game at a time my boy….I told myself.
Proposing first, then I will take care of the families.
I ate and watched TV, there was nothing interesting coming on, tired of surfing I stopped on a news channel,

“blah blah blah… the police found a body of a young boy hanging from the fan…a letter was found beside the body…it revealed that the boy committed suicide cause of a girl…blah blah blah ”

I changed the channel in disgust, what´s wrong with this country, why people commit suicide over such petty issues I thought; nowadays there was nothing in news except about people committing suicide, dying or being raped…

I do not want to hear about some loser who hanged himself   cause he couldn’t get the girl.
I switched the TV off and came in my bedroom, 6 hour remaining till my date, I tried taking a nap.
I smiled as I  closed my eyes, I drifted of to my own sweet world, my dreams were painted with me and her walking hand in hand, marrying, honeymooning , having kids.
Ok I got a bit ahead of myself , it was really lame , she haven’t even said yes but I haven’t even considered the possibility of her saying no . We were such closely bonded, wasn’t it obvious that we were meant to be.
I got up when Maa woke me up in the evening to have tea , I checked my watch 6 pm , two and half hours to movie , I had tea got refreshed and again messaged her:

“good evening Sweetu, can’t wait to meet you, love you..!!! ”

Well this messaging thing was really getting into my head but I liked it, I had never chatted with anyone in my school life or miserable college life…so was a bit addicted to it.

To be true not only being cared but also caring for someone is really an awesome feeling in the world…

I started getting ready for my date; I shaved, took a bath, and wore the new jeans and shirt I had bought the other day.
 I Spent about 1 hour in front of the mirror setting my hair, carefully kept the box containing the ring in my pocket.
It was 8 pm when I got a call from her, telling me that she can’t come today, some relative of her was expired and she really had to go along with her mom, she told me she was really sorry and that she would make it up to me.
I was upset , angry and frustrated…I was planning for this day for the past month , and god fucked it….I mean literally fucked it, I couldn’t even say anything to her cause of the sensitive issue I guess I just had to wait and today wasn’t meant to be. I sighed talked to her for few minutes consoled her, she seemed upset, and she wanted to go with me as much as I did.
I sighed cursed my fate, why it had to meddle with me whenever something important was up…
I was pacing around the room; I was getting reckless and impatient. Imagine yourself fully dressed for the most important purpose of your life and the plan postpones.
This sucks…
And that too on my birthday…!!!
I checked my wallet, there was still the movie tickets that I had bought for us, that’s again Rs.500 down the drain….fuck it…
I glanced at the wall clock 8.00 pm , I need some fresh air I decided…so I got out of my house and was on my bike riding aimlessly….
I was feeling really low, I just need to kill some time to get my head straight.
So I decided to watch the movie after all; though alone…!
I reached the theater barely in time, however I didn’t hurry as movie wasn’t my main attraction.
As I was walking about the ticket counter…I happen to overhear the conversation between a guy and the ticket counter lady…it seems the guy wanted two tickets of the current show but only one was available, the show was about to begin in less than five minutes, the entrepreneur in my mind couldn’t help but to step in for his (and mine) rescue…
‘Excuse me bro’ I said to him.
‘Yes’ he said barely looking at me, the guy was of awesome built his muscles were protruding through his shirt and he was at least 6 feet tall, his hair were ruffled and he had a tattoo on his neck…well he was in short a ‘cool dude’ with an accent.
‘Hey bro, I couldn’t help hearing your convo with the counter lady, well you want two tickets and I happen to have two spare tickets   with me at the mo’ so if you wish to trade…?’
He looked at me suspiciously.
‘Don’t worry I am not selling it in black… ’ I said judging by his expressions ‘my date cancelled at the last moment….so…’
He smiled. ‘sure, man, and my girl made the plan at the last moment.’
We happily trade the tickets. He was happy as my ticket was the best corner seat in the theater obviously as I had bought and planned beforehand, at least some one is enjoying himself…I  thought and smiled, that cheered me up a bit, so I also decided to watch the chick-flick after all to make my mood light and bought the last remaining single ticket…
I will execute my plan on next weekend I thought and smiled remembering her…

I dozed of in between…maybe movie wasn’t a good idea after all, the theater was jam-packed by couples(who weren’t seeing the movie at all!!!), the movie was too slow and too cheesy, and most annoying of all an old smelly lady was sitting beside me.
My life officially sucks…I thought, some song was going on when I woke up with a start, the old lady was farting maybe…it was really getting annoying now…the couples in front of my row were tangled together they were definitely smooching; I judged by there actions ; it made me jealous, I noticed it was the same guy  to whom I sold the tickets previously…man he was doing it all…I couldn’t see them as it was dark but I could make out from there silhouettes that they were doing everything which a couple can do in complete dark theater filled with people, there acts made me shift in my seat uncomfortably, my hand accidently touched the old lady’s hand…it was embarrassing and uncomfortable.
‘Sorry…’ I muttered to her.
That last thing that I wanted now was the granny  to have wrong intentions about me.
How the hell did I landed myself here, I thought bitterly, it was supposed to be my sweet time with the girl of my dreams.
I’m getting outta here…fuck this movie…
I got up from my seat and was about to leave when suddenly the lights were switched on maybe it was the interval.(the smooching couples around the theater separated embarrassingly)
I was just getting out when my eyes fell on the guy, the muscular hunk(‘the cool dude’) and his girl.

It took a moment then the realization hit me full face, IT WAS HER…
HER…!!!
HER…!!!!
WHAT THE…??
I was speechless, my throat turned dry and my head was spinning…
“WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON IN HERE…!!!”
I didn’t meant to shout so loud…
She turned and was horrified on seeing me.
“I THOUGHT YOU WERE AT SOMEONE’S DEATH CEREMONY…YOU LYING…  ”
My eyes were turning moist, my pitch was very high, I could feel the eyes of the whole theater fixed on me.
Even the chips selling boys were glued to there place.
However I lost it, everything was spinning before my eyes, her smile, her innocence, sorry fake innocence…the warning of my friends…her tongue inside of that hunk’s mouth and his hands all over her body a few moments ago ,  the lie she told me with such ease; cancel our date and come to the same movie thinking I won’t turn up here…what a birthday surprise…!!!
I was remembering all other times also when she ditched me making some lame excuses, also our cuddly  moments came hunting back to me.
Goosebumps were erupting all over my body, my temper was rising and breaking all levels I was literally shaking with fury.
“WHY” I shouted now tears flowing my eyes. The muscular dude was now getting up so were some other people. However I had eyes only for her.
“WHY…JUST TELL ME…I LOVED YOU SO MUCH…YOU LYING WHORE…” I erupted
She lowered her gaze. She couldn’t face me.
It was then that I noticed her dress…PINK..!!!
Fury rose within me like vomit. I could still feel the ring in my pocket. I grabbed her by her hair and SLAP…one…SLAP two…
“I WAS GOING TO PROPOSE YOU TODAY, YOU FUCKING CUNT..”


Well everything blacked out.

 I dunno for how long was I beaten by that hunk and the public or how many injuries I had suffered, I had fainted…maybe someone just rescued me before my death by the public and suggested them to throw me out, because that’s where I gained consciousness…
It was maybe midnight the movie had ended long ago…everyone had gone home.
I was lying on a deserted street behind the theater…
I blinked…it was difficult to open my eyes as maybe they were swollen and had turned purple.
Somehow  I got up crawling ,groaning…my mobile and wallet were missing , but the little box containing the ring was safe in my inner pocket…maybe the crowd was more interested in beating me black and blue rather than mugging me.
I rolled my tongue around my mouth; I found a few of my teeth missing. I groaned as each inch of my body pained, I figured out a couple of fractures…here and there…

Then also this pain was nothing as compared to my heart. Tears swelled up in my swollen eyes.
This was the moment when I realized the intensity of my LOVE…the emotional and mental pain was leaps and bounds more than the physical one.

I STILL  LOVED HER WITH ALL MY HEART.
WHAT THE FUCK WAS WRONG WITH ME

I took out the ring and held it in my palm,
My tears were flowing, as I saw the little ring,
I smiled, a toothless smile…I was smiling and crying at the same time…
Suddenly I knew what I had to do, an ad-reline rush flow through my body, the only thing that was in my mind was to get home somehow…as quick as possible…
I clenched my fist containing the ring and I got up…staggering , limping and dragging myself…

“I LOVE YOU, AND YOU REALLY DO LOOK AWESOME IN PINK…”

I muttered and made my way home.


                               ***

ON THE NEXT DAY IN SOME CORNER OF THE LOCAL NEWS PAPER….

blah… blah…blah…a boy committed suicide by slitting his wrist in his bedroom, he was already badly injured when he did this, a ring was found clutched in his left hand, resources confirmed that he was the victim of public violence in a theater…they also confirmed that he wasn’t innocent himself as he was violent towards an innocent girl.
“He was insane, abusive and violent” said one of the insiders of the theater who had witnessed the commotion.
However the most amazing thing came from his post mortem report, the forensic department was shocked and amazed as to how can someone walk 5 kms. after being beaten such badly. His bike was found at the theater and his home was 5 kms. away there was no other way  for him except to walk.
The doctors are still amused and confused as how can someone walk such distance with 7 fractures in legs.
Many other injuries were also there including on his eyes, teethes, legs, hands, face and even genitals!!!
It was an odd behavior to walk such distance just to slit his wrist when all he could do was to lie there and wait for his death.
Shockingly his mother (his only relative)…swears that she remembers him coming in her room and kissing her on forehead muttering:

"GOODBYE MAA…"

 at the middle of the night, while she was half asleep, she didn’t knew he was injured as the room was dark, but it can be deduced that she is in shock and is not in a fit mental state to comment, the police are investigating the people involved in this cruelty while some doctors, researchers and scientists still examines his body (which is still in custody and is sent to bigger laboratories) and are amazed by the inhuman power, strength and resistance shown by such a normal body.
It’s still a mystery to us that how the hell did he got from the theater to his home…!!!      



   


 
       







     





Comments